NJC Printing wanted to take some time to recognize our fantastic clients and vendors. We truly appreciate your business and our monthly Customer Spotlight is just one of the ways we like to show it.
Their History: Following the precedent of the National Breast Cancer Coalition (NBCC), a grassroots advocacy organization which was founded in 1991 in Washington, DC, a small group of survivors and activists in Missouri formed the St. Louis Breast Cancer Coalition (SLBCC) in 1992.
Over the years SLBCC members have traveled to Washington numerous times to participate in NBCC events. These events have included Annual Conferences, training weekends, Lobby Days on Capitol Hill, and events at the White House. Here in St. Louis, SLBCC has sponsored many educational events as well as the occasional fundraiser. Our members have staffed SLBCC information tables at many other local community events, and some have traveled to Missouri’s State Capitol to sit on statewide advisory boards or take part in a Lobby Day there.
About SLBCC: The St. Louis Breast Cancer Coalition is a non-profit grassroots organization committed to the eradication of breast cancer through:
- Increasing public and government awareness of breast cancer-related issues.
- Promoting improved funding for quality breast cancer research.
- Striving for assurance of access to quality health care and medical resources for all women.
- Providing community education, including informational programming, concerning breast cancer-related matters.To support its efforts, the SLBCC raises funds in a variety of ways:
Fundraising: To support its efforts, the SLBCC raises funds in a variety of ways:
- Membership dues are $30.00 annually.
- Tributes are contributions to SLBCC in memory of or to honor individuals, to send wishes for good health, to commemorate births, birthdays, anniversaries–or other special occasions. Click here to download a Tribute Form.
- Donations are gifts given by groups and members of the community to support the mission of the SLBCC.
- House Tour. The SLBCC House Tour is our signature fundraiser. Each time, this event showcases a stunning home generously opened by the owners for others to tour for a small fee.
To learn more about this wonderful organization and how you can support them, please visit their web page at http://www.slbcc.org.